Sunday 3 March 2013

What it's like to be a student at a downtown college

Being a student at a downtown college is as difficult as it is fun for me. I live in the West End outside of Toronto so the commute isn't easy I can either pay a hefty 10 dollars a day where to go train and get to school in 45 minutes or I can pay 6 dollars and have to take an hour and a half out of my day to commute to school in the morning in an hour and a half to commute home depending on traffic. This seriously cuts into my time do I use for social activities, sleep, work and homework.  Toronto's transit system the TTC is terrible crowded stinky and takes forever good as a student who lives at home with her mom who's on disability it is the most cost effective way for me to travel.

The convenient part of going to school downtown is that it's close to the subway system so it's not a long walk from King station or a Short Street car ride on days where walking is not an option. The school is located in the heart of the financial district in downtown Toronto so it is well known too many businesses in the area. It is respected college his business programs often lead to full time jobs following graduation . The teachers are fantastic and really care about the students well being. There are lots of places to study in and around the school and places where you can hang out or just go to grab a bite.

Attending George Brown College was always my number 1 choice because it's where my brother and sister went but I can't help but think that it would have been easier how do I went to Humber College what is watch closer to my house. In the end I don't regret my choice to come to George Brown it's a fantastic school with great people great teachers even know the location is far is near everything that you could possibly want it to be which makes it very convenient on lunch breaks breaks in between classes and to meet up for after school study groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment